Audio Watermarking Tools 1 (AWT1) is a set of software utilities for embedding (and retrieving) digital watermarks within (from) audio files. AWT1 uses proprietary patented* technology to imperceptibly embed watermarks directly into the audio content so that they cannot be removed without damaging the original audio quality. The tools are distributed as a package of GUI and console/command-line utilities running on Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/2000/Server, Apple Mac OS X and Linux/*nix Intel and ARM systems.
AWT1 implements so called "strict watermarking" approach in the sense that the source (not watermarked) audio file is required in order to detect and decode watermark in the watermarked recording. Watermark extraction is performed by “comparing” the source and the watermarked streams.
- cross-platform software (PC Windows, Linux, Mac OS, ARM...)
- console tools for easy automation and quick deployment on servers
- intuitive GUI front-end with drag-and-drop support
- detailed documentation with examples and tips
- configurable algorithm
- industrial grade watermarking performance featuring:
· extremely resistant, robust watermarks
· high watermarking data rate
- SDK available
· fully thread-safe
· with true real-time audio stream encoding functionality
- patented technology
AWT1 performance highlights:
AWT1 watermarks are inaudible and highly robust, surviving low bitrate transcoding with lossy coders, mixing, effect processing and acoustic coupling (transducing via air). Check examples section.
AWT1 offers unprecedentedly high watermarking data rate up to 30 bps (so that feasible watermark payload length is up to 20 bytes).
AWT1 brings reliable watermarking to your business. AWT1 protects your rights by ensuring that your watermark is detectable (only by you!) in any copy of your audio materials transmitted or broadcasted anywhere.
AWT1 package is free to try. You can request evaluation (demo) version of AWT1 here.
Here are screen-shots of AWT1 GUI tool and console applications for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (Ubuntu). You can click on the small images below to see full screen-shots:
AWT1 GUI tool is available for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X and Linux (Gentoo, OpenSuse, Ubuntu) platforms. It comes with drag'n'drop support.
Console AWT1 encoder and decoder are available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD. Other platforms can be supported upon request.
What it does and who it is for
AWT1 targets individual musicians, composers, music authors and music owners, audio recording and production studios, on-line music stores, audio hosting services, broadcasting companies and other small and medium sized businesses. Here are some of the most common AWT1 applications:
- content signing and ownership ascertainment (audio content is marked by a special digital signature stating your ownership) - most relevant for audio content authors and owners such as musicians, recording labels and studios
- copy protection and monitoring (each recipient gets his own copy of audio an material copy watermarked with unique signature) - most relevant for web-stores, broadcasting companies.
How to evaluate
You can request evaluation (demo) version of AWT1 here: Request AWT1 evaluation package.
Windows, Mac OS X and Linux GUI and console tools are availlable.
All packages contain encoder (demo version), decoder, GUI application, descriptive User Guide (PDF), example batch files. You may also want to look at the full changes log of AWT1 package releases.
If you need AWT1 for a platform not listed above, please do not hesitate to contact AWT1 author.
How to buy
Please, refer to this page to purchase AWT1
Please send your inquiries to the following e-mail address:
Back to the Main Page
(*) This watermarking technology is patented, U.S. Patent No. 8,116,514