Audio Watermarking Tools 2 (AWT2) is a flagship solution in the AWT products family. AWT2 a set of software utilities for embedding (and retrieving) digital watermarks carrying arbitrary digital data within (from) audio files and streams. AWT2 uses proprietary patented* technology to imperceptibly embed watermarks directly into the audio content so that they cannot be removed without damaging the original audio quality. The tools are distributed as a package of console utilities running on Microsoft Window , Apple Mac OS , Linux/*nix Intel and ARM systems. AWT2 SDK is available for all major desktop and mobile platforms including iOS and Android.
AWT2 implements so called "blind watermarking" approach in the sense that the watermark can be extracted directly from the watermarked audio recording (so that the source audio is not needed).
- free evaluation package (no risk, no obligations)
- cross-platform software (PC Windows, Linux, Mac OS, ARM, iOS, Android...)
- console tools for easy automation and quick deployment on servers
- real-time stream encoding in console
- detailed documentation with examples and tips
- flexibly configurable algorithm
- industrial grade watermarking performance providing:
· truly robust watermarks
· very high watermarking data rate
- unique, proprietary, patented technology
- dual-layer (dua-stage) atermarking support
- SDK available
· with true real-time audio stream encoding functionality
AWT2 performance highlights:
AWT2 watermarks are inaudible and highly robust, surviving multi-pass low bitrate transcoding with lossy coders, mixing, effect processing, acoustic coupling (transducing via air) and time stretching.
AWT2 offers unprecedentedly high watermarking data rate up to 125 bps (i.e. more than 16 bytes in one second of audio); watermark payloads up to 120 bytes long are supported.
The technology protects your rights by ensuring that your watermarks are detectable (only by you!) in any copy of your audio materials transmitted or broadcasted anywhere.
You can request AWT2 evaluation package here.
Upon request, AWT2 can be supplied with an optional AWT2 Watermark Listener - an Android application that lets you use your portable Android device (phone, tablet) to detect digital watermarks in the audio content processed with AWT2 technology.
What it does and who it is for
AWT2 is a universal, scalable and flexible solution addressing different application and use-cases. AWT2 targets individual musicians, composers, music authors and music owners, audio recording, mastering and production studios, on-line music stores, broadcasting companies and other small and medium sized businesses. Here are some of the most common AWT2 applications:
- content signing and ownership ascertainment
- audio content is marked with a special digital signature stating ownership
[ relevant for audio content authors and owners such as recording labels and studios ]
- copy protection and monitoring
- each recipient gets his own copy of an audio material watermarked with unique signature
[ relevant for music web-stores, broadcasting companies, FM radio stations, content distributors ]
- signaling and triggering via audio
- varying binary identifiers (triggers) are embedded into audio stream by a transmitter (live or by pre-processing) to trigger events on the receiving side
[ relevant for broadcasting companies, monitoring and license ascertaining services ]
How to evaluate
Evaluation (demo) version of AWT2 can be requested here:
AWT2 for Windows
AWT2 for Mac OS
AWT2 for Linux
All packages contain encoder (demo version), decoder, descriptive User Guide (PDF), example batch files. You may also want to look at the full changes log of AWT2 package releases. Upon request,
AWT2 can be compiled for any platform not listed above. If you are interested in integration of AWT2 into your software, you can use AWT2 SDK, which is available for all major desktop, server and mobile platforms upon request.
How to buy
Please, refer to this page to purchase AWT2
Please send your inquiries to the following e-mail address:
Back to the Main Page
(*) This watermarking technology is patented, U.S. Patent No. 8,116,514